22 going on 60
Lost for words... Or maybe just lost.
|me on my way home from class:||oh man i'm gonna get so much work done let me make a to do list and get that shit done quickly and effectively i'm so pumped|
|me the second i get home:||nah|
Finally! It’s hard to capture
|Bae:||babe come over|
|Me:||I just put my bagel bites in the oven|
|Bae:||my parents aren't home|
|Me:||I literally just put them in the oven|
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
When I started transition, almost 14 years ago, I imagined, I had this fantasy, that I would start taking hormones and in a few years, I was gonna blend in and no one would ever know that I was trans. I could just live my life undetected. And I knew a lot of trans folks like that, it was presented as the goal of transitioning.
When I realized that I wasn’t blending in effortlessly, I had to sort of to reevaluate things for myself. I had to begin to think about and I’ve begin to own this transgender thing. It became something that I had to say, "Well, this is who I am." (x)
This woman… Right here.
Changing the world by being herself!